Legacy Planning is all about preserving and passing wealth to future generations. It is a process designed to articulate, create and implement a family wealth plan that is consistent with your values and wishes. This process incorporates the strategic transfer of wealth and prepares your beneficiaries to take their turn in benefitting from the wealth you have created.
Watch our brief video to discover our approach to maximising our clients finances and protecting their wealth for future generations.
The value of an investment with St. James’s Place will be directly linked to the performance of the funds you select and the value can therefore go down as well as up. You may get back less than you invested
The levels and bases of taxation and reliefs from taxation can change at any time. The value of any tax relief depends on individual circumstances.
Do you want to leave an inheritance or a legacy?
We have identified a five-stage process of legacy planning which will deliver a bespoke strategy for you and your family.
1. Identification of personal assets and those in your broader estate such as assets owned jointly or owned by trusts* or companies.
2. Identification of potential risks including, for example, your early death or the possible divorce or bankruptcy of a beneficiary.
3. Build a team as each step is a multi-disciplinary exercise that usually will require the co-ordinated involvement of your solicitor, wealth manager and accountant. They must be willing to work collaboratively to ensure that your needs are met.
4. Design and implementation of a plan that incorporates all of your assets and takes into account flexibility to accommodate future changes, investment risk mitigation, tax efficiency and succession issues.
5. Review plan on a regular basis to ensure that your needs and requirements are still being achieved by the plan in place.
The legacy planning team at McGarvey Jones will work with you to help ensure that your assets and family are protected. We can implement strategies to ensure that future generations continue to benefit from your legacy. We work with other specialists so if we are not the best people to help you we will introduce the people we trust who can. Introduction to these third party providers involves the referral to a service that is separate and distinct to those offered by St. James’s Place.
* Trusts are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR EXPERT FINANCIAL PLANNING PROCESS
At McGarvey Jones Financial Planning we recognise that our clients are central to everything we do. We are committed to developing long-term relationships with our clients to help them build, preserve and protect their wealth.